Why You’ll love Fiberglass Replacement Windows:
Fiberglass offers several advantages compared to other types of windows:
• Stronger than wood or vinyl and can therefore be used to build larger replacement window units
• Equal, if not better, insulating properties (R-factors) than wood due to the amount of insulating air “trapped” during the manufacturing process
• Maintenance free and stand up to the harshest of weather conditions due to their impermeability to moisture
• Fiberglass, due to its primary components of glass fibers and resins, expands and contracts—along with weather changes—in a uniform manner; therefore allowing the frame to maintain its integrity
• Tightly engineered and constructed resulting in lower overall air infiltration in extreme weather
• Can be painted after installation
Thanks to advanced manufacturing techniques, fiberglass windows are among the strongest and most energy efficient windows available. Fiberglass window components are made with extreme precision, strength, and cost-effectiveness. The result of this process ends with an extremely durable fiberglass frame that can be readily shaped and fabricated.
In addition to strength, the fiberglass and epoxy resins comprising fiberglass window components are smooth and capable of accepting a wide variety of custom, color-through colors. This benefit sets fiberglass replacement windows apart from vinyl or aluminum replacement windows, which should not be painted after installation.
Which replacement window is best for your Bay Area home? We’ll be glad to discuss the options with you.