San Francisco’s Leader in Energy & Water Inspections
Save Energy has worked with San Francisco’s Residential Energy & Water Conservation Ordinance (RECO) for 30 years — which means we know it inside and out so you don’t have to!
All you need to do is give us a call, and we’ll do the rest.
The RECO ordinance helps ensure that San Francisco residents remain on the cutting edge of energy conservation and responsible environmental stewardship. But for real estate agents, it can become an inconvenience if not done properly or in a timely manner.
Worst case scenario? Closing gets held up and your commission check gets delayed.
We get that. Our commitment to you is to always do your inspections, upgrades and paperwork correctly, on time, the first time. If your closing is delayed as a direct result of an inspection issue relating to us, the inspection is free.
Here’s a quick overview of the
RECO ordinance requirements
- Attic Insulation – needs to be R-19 in existing buildings (>18”)
- Hot Water Heaters – insulate to R-6
- Weather Stripping Doors – (heated/unheated spaces)
- Heating and Cooling Ducts – insulate to R-3
- Caulking and sealing of major joints and openings
- Toilets/Water Closets – if greater than 1.6 gpf, then replace with 1.28 gpf
- Aerators – < 2.2 gpm
- Showerheads – < 2.5 gpm
- Water Supply Leaks
- Smoke Alarms – 10-year battery in bedrooms and hallways, if a new install (n/a if hard wired)
- Carbon Monoxide Detectors – in all SFH now, multi-units
- Water Heater strapping